Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Dishwashing Schedule UPDATE

Just when I finally got around to posting about our dishwashing schedule it will be changing. My husband surprised me last week with the news that he would be getting a Christmas bonus from his employer. He also informed me that with some of that money we would be getting a dishwasher. So the hunt is on. We are considering a water softener too because our water is so hard that it will be a challenge to keep it clean.
 
Anyhoo, this means I need to revamp our dishwashing schedule. I think we will likely get the washer next week so I am going to go ahead and lay the plan now before we even have one meal where there can be arguments over who is going to do what.
 
The schedule will basically stay the same as far as whose day it is to wash and dry, but I need to clarify what the updated jobs are.
 
Dryer
1.       Unload the dishwasher before the meal if there are any clean dishes in the dishwasher.
2.       Clear table of dishes.
3.       Put away food.
4.       Dry any hand washed items and put away.
5.       Take out trash.
I am not big on making someone put away the dishes the moment the dishwasher is done. I will never remember to remind them to do this. It is more realistic to just say the person who is the day's dryer will put away the clean dishes before the meal.
 
Washer
1.       Rinse dishes and load them into the dishwasher. Start when full or at least half full if after the evening meal.
2.       Hand wash pots, pans, and special items (knives, large items, wood items), or any items there wasn't room for in the dishwasher.
3.       Wipe counters.
4.       Sweep/mop floor.
I also am taking away the day off. I know! How terrible am I? But, as I began to think about it, it makes since to have them all contributing. What ends up happening is I try to get all the serving done while I still am monitoring the stove or oven. I end up grabbing one of the passing children anyway, so I might as well just assign the tasks.
 
Server
1.       Set and clear the table.
2.       Serve drinks.
3.       Place condiments on the table.
4.       Help serve the food.
5.       Sweep/mop dining room floor after evening meal.
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Wash
D
K
D
D
K
K
D
Dry
J
J
K
J
J
D
K
Server
K
D
J
K
D
J
J
 

No comments:

Post a Comment